BEAUTI*FULLY TALL


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Living TALL with HOLLI

Pull up a chair and let’s have a chat.
I am just like you. I made spaghetti for dinner tonight. I used a canned sauce and put extra cheese in it because no one was watching (well, except for the cats...shhhh!). And for no reason at all I opened a bottle of chardonnay because I felt like it. I bet you do that occasionally.
I have great friends, some live in Portland, Oregon where I live. Some live elsewhere. In fact, tonight I’m drinking my chardonnay out of a glass that my good friend Jane gave me. The glass has a Queen’s crown on it and it makes me feel special. I do things periodically that make me feel special. You probably do that too.
I like to write, especially about the one truly noticeable thing that makes ME special…my height. Here’s where I may or may not be like you. I’m 6’4”. I can’t go into a ‘normal’ store and buy a long-sleeved shirt because the sleeves fit half-way up my arms. Ditto on the pants. I’ve never been able to shop in a ‘normal-sized’ store. It used to bother me, but it doesn’t anymore. Why, you may ask? Because I have options now (the dress I am wearing in the picture is one of my favorites from Long Legs Fashions !!!) and I can still go into those ‘normal-size’ stores for short sleeves, skirts (not too short, mind you), dresses, and things that don’t have to be fitted.
So a little bit about me: I grew up in tall family (picture above). Dad is 6’6”, Mom is 5’7”, and my sisters are all around 6’0”. I’m wearing heels in the picture below so I look like I’m the same height as my dad! I always wear heels. The way I see it, I’m taller than most everyone anyway. (Disclaimer: this picture is a few years old and I know my sisters might have a few things to say about this-we’ve all changed a bit) .So why write, and more importantly, why write about height? First and foremost I love to write. My hope is that most tall women can relate to at least something I write about. I’m not completely delusional in thinking that everyone is going to recognize themselves in me. That would just be plain silly. Maybe I can touch a nerve sometime? Maybe I can help someone at some point? Maybe even a story I share will be mirror a story of your own. Wouldn’t that be a kick in the pants?!? Get to know me as I open up about my life as a tall person. There will be good and bad, probably some funny stories and my hope is that you will find something to relate to. Personally, I enjoy being tall and the attention it gets me and I wouldn’t change it for the world. My height affords me the ability to meet new people on a daily basis that I don’t think people of regular height realize. I also think that my height has given me many other opportunities in business, relationship, and even friendships. There can be downsides as well which I fully intend on discussing.
So, sit back, have your glass of chardonnay or whatever makes you feel special and get to know me. I’m pretty sure we have a lot to talk about. If there is something on your mind please email me at
info@longlegs.ca and I will be sure to get back to you or talk about it !! Thanks

5 comments:

  1. Fun! I am a 6'5 woman married to a 6'8 man with three kids and living in Portland, OR :). If I remember, I'll have to watch for your blog! It would be interesting to hear some of your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holli
    Looking forward to reading your blogs. It will be great to hear from a woman who is the same height as me....like u said...I'm sure I will see myself in your stories !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that made ME feel special!! Thanks! Have I thanked you lately for turning me on to this awesome store?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Holli,

    This blog sounds awesome! I will definitely be looking for it. I think think all tall girls go through similar stuff, especially when growing up. I love that we have options available now for clothing! It hasn't always been this way and stores like longlegs are amazing. I love to see tall, proud, and beautiful women!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    i have seen a very nice blog. i really like this blog. This is very important post for clothe shop.

    Thank you,

    ReplyDelete